Gas leak causes small explosion on Texas Tech campus

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 2/28/2013 7:16 am

Repairs need to be made, but no one was injured in a small explosion Wednesday night on the Texas Tech campus.

It happened in the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources building located in the 1500 block of Detroit.
Chris Cook with Texas Tech says a lab student noticed the faint smell of gas and the explosion happened when he turned on the light.

"When he flipped the switch there was a small explosion that was contained to the area," Cook said. "There was no subsequent fire, no injuries were reported, and currently the area has been contained."

The blast left a small hole in the wall.
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Lubbock Weather
Partly Cloudy

Wind: SSW 13 mph
Feels Like: 90°
High: 94°
Low: 67°

Local News Video
Local News
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.