Lubbock motel shut down due to codes violations

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/17 10:32 pm
  Building inspectors shut down the Budget Motel near 34th and the interstate.
     Where a guest died Thursday, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning.

     The Lubbock fire marshal reports there were high carbon monoxidde levels in the room, and no functioning smoke detectors.  Investigators also found positive carbon monoxide readings in other rooms.
     the motel reportedly has several code violations involving gas appliances. Atmos has disconnected the gas service.

     The owners have been ordered to close the business until these code violations are fixed, and inspections can be performed.
     59 year-old Harold Rutherford died, and a woman was overcome by fumes.  She's in critical condition.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Lubbock Weather
71°
Clear

Wind: N 17 mph
Feels Like: 71°
High: 77°
Low: 53°

Local News Video
Local News
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.