Do you have what it takes to be a Lubbock Idol?
The FOX 34 Lubbock Idol audition will be held on Wednesday, July 11, 2012, at Last Call Home Furnishings, 5741 50th Street at W. Loop 289 starting at 7pm. Registration will take place an hour before the audition. Only the first 100 people to register will be entered into the competition.
Each contestant will be required to sing a cappella (without music). Contestants should prepare at least a 30 second song of their choice to perform for a panel of local talent judges. It is always recommended to have a back up song. Contestants will be judged on voice talent, presentation and personality.
One contestant will be crowned the FOX34 Lubbock Idol. The winner will receive a guaranteed audition with American Idol Producers on in Oklahoma City, OK. (Airfare and accommodations are not provided.)
Wednesday July 11 starting at 7pm
Friends and family are encouraged to come watch and support their contestant.
The audition will take place in Last Calls Home Furnishings Store.
Only the first 100 people registered will be allowed to audition. (It is NOT encouraged to camp out the night before)
* You must be a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States; and you must be at least 15 years and not older than 28 years of age on June 1st, 2012 to be eligible. You must show proof of age at time of registration. (birth certificate, drivers license or passport are all acceptable forms of I.D. Only one form of I.D. is required)
Please read the FOX34 Lubbock Idol Official Rules posted below and are also available at RAMAR Communications, 9800 University Ave, Lubbock TX. Be sure to read the Registration and Audition Rules, and Information & FAQ’s pages on americanidol.com.
OFFICIAL FOX 34 LUBBOCK IDOL CONTESTANT RULES & REGULATIONS
1. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE BETWEEN THE AGE OF 15 AND 28 ON July1st, 2012 TO BE ELIGIBLE. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF AGE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION.
2. ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE AN AMETUER PERFORMER AND NOT CURRENTLY SIGNED WITH ANY TYPE OF AGENCY.
3. ONLY THE FIRST 100 CONTESTANTS WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE COMPETITION.
4. EACH CONTESTANT WILL DECIDE THEIR SONG CHOICE.
5. CONTESTANTS PERFORMANCE COULD BE AIRED ON TELEVISION.
6. USE OF PROFANITY IN SONG, OR WHILE ON STAGE, WILL CONSTITUTE IMMEDIATE ELIMINATION.
7. AUDITIONS BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 7PM AND WILL END AT 10:00PM ON JULY 17TH, 2010.
8. RAMAR COMMUNICATIONS WILL HAVE THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY AND FINAL DECISION CONCERNING THE CHOICE OF WINNER.
9. PRIZE WILL CONSIST OF A GUARANTEED AUDITION IN FRONT OF AN AMERICAN IDOL PRODUCER, PROVIDED SAID WINNER COMPLIES WITH AUDITION RULES. WINNER WILL NOT AUDITION IN FRONT OF ANY AMERICAN IDOL JUDGE DURING THIS GUARANTEED AUDITION.
10. AUDITION WILL BE SECURED IN WINNERS NAME, NO TRANSFER, SALE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZES WILL BE PERMITTED.
11. OTHER GENERAL RULES :
a. Employees of Ramar Communications, Last Call Home Furnishings, or any other participating sponsors and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash value. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state and local laws apply.
b. Decisions of Ramar Communications are final. Ramar Communications will have the ultimate authority and final decision concerning the choice of winner.
c. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Ramar Communications to use winner's name and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
d. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold sponsors, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, Fox Broadcasting Company, News America, Inc., Fox Interactive Media, FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Limited, 19 Merchandising Ltd., CKX, Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize.
e. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use of redemption of any prize.
f. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decision of the judges.
g. Sponsors not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or the announcement of prizes.
h. Official rules will be available at the reception desk at Ramar Communications, 9800 University Avenue, Lubbock TX, 79423