Vietnamese boy gets new outlook on life

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/03/2013 11:50 am
A 10-year-old Vietnamese boy has a new outlook on life thanks to the UMC International Medical Mission program.

Having suffered a disfiguring tumor under his left eye, Thien Tran is recovering from a successful reconstructive surgery performed right here in Lubbock. Several doctors from University Medical Center and Texas Tech Physicians worked together to perform the procedure.

His trip to the United States and his medical treatment were paid for by supporters of the mission, including the Lubbock Area Foundation.

During the 12-hour surgery in May, the team was able to de-bulk the tumor and reconstruct his orbit and the appearance of his eye. His aunt and mother say they have seen a big improvement in his confidence and self-esteem.

Click on the attached video for the full story.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
Lubbock Weather
72°
Partly Cloudy

Wind: SSE 9 mph
Feels Like: 72°
High: 94°
Low: 72°
Latest Product Recalls
Subaru recalls 5 models for air bag problem
Subaru is recalling an undetermined number of vehicles because of air bag problems that have affected much of the global auto industry.
Star Networks recalling Magnicube Spheres, Cubes
Star Networks USA LLC is recalling all Magnicube Spheres and Magnicube Cubes magnetic sets because of the possibility for injury from swallowing the small, powerful magnets.
11,000 Kawasaki vehicles recalled for injury risk
About 11,000 Kawasaki off-road vehicles are being recalled because debris can cut through the foot rest area and hurt riders' legs.
Hyundai recalls 883K Sonatas to fix gear shifters
Hyundai is recalling its popular Sonata midsize sedan to fix problems with the gear shift levers.
Suzuki recalls nearly 26,000 cars for fire risk
Suzuki is recalling nearly 26,000 midsize cars in the U.S. because the daytime running light modules can overheat and could cause a fire.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.