Recipe for Chef Martin's Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Grilled Berkshire Pork Tenderloin with Drunken Chipotle Sauce spiced with Tabasco® Chipotle
Created by Chef Martin J. Rios of Restaurant Martín
• 4-4 oz. portions pork tenderloin, trimmed
• 1 oz. Dijon mustard
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 1 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
In a bowl, combine mustard, shallots, garlic, orange juice, olive oil, and sage. Place pork in the mixture and allow it to marinate for about 1 hour. Keep cold.
Drunken Chipotle Sauce
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
• 1 garlic clove
• ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
• ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
• ¼ teaspoon Mexican oregano
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon molasses
• 2 tomatoes, blackened
• 2 tablespoons Tabasco® Chipotle Pepper Sauce
• 1-12 oz Negra Modelo beer
Heat oil in a medium-sized sauce pan. Add the onion and garlic allowing them to caramelize. Add cumin, coriander and oregano sauté for about two minutes. Add remaining ingredients and allow mixture to simmer down to approximately half of its original volume. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
Place pork tenderloin on a grill and cook to a medium temperature of about 145 degrees internally. While the pork is grilling baste the tenderloin with some of the Drunken Chipotle Sauce to caramelize. Remove the pork from the grill and slice thinly. Place the pork in the center of each plate and pour the sauce over it or use it for dipping.
AS A SIDE DISH, Chef Martin will prepare
Warm Roasted Potato Salad with Tabasco Aioli
Makes 4 servings
• 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes (¼ inch diced)
• 4 oz Yellow Onions (thinly sliced)
• 2 tablespoon Green Onions (chopped)
• ¼ cup Mayonnaise
• 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
• 2 Tablespoon of Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
• ½ teaspoon of Spicy Tabasco Salt
In a bowl whisk all of the ingredients together and set aside until needed.
Assembling the Dish:
In a medium-sized saucepan place the potatoes and cover them with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes until soft, approximately twenty minutes.
In a small sauce pan sauté the yellow onions until caramelized to an amber color. Add the potatoes and continue cooking until well roasted. Add the Tabasco Aioli and mix until well combined. Add the green onions and serve immediately and warm.